Apply to Google Summer of Code(GSOC) 2020 for Robot Operating System (ROS) 20
Below are the list
Gazebo Developers Tool
- List of prerequisites: Linux, mercurial, software design, docker
- Description of programming skills: python (medium-high level)
- Difficulty level: Medium
- List of potential mentors: Jose Luis Rivero
- Detailed description: The project consists on the creation of a command line utility that allows Gazebo/Developers and users and easy access to a working environment for developing Gazebo (a complex application with many dependencies, different supported versions in different platforms, interactions with other frameworks, use of GPU, …). The idea would be to use virtualization (docker) to provide to the user a ready to go environment for developing or testing.
If you meet the general requirements and are interested in working on one of the OSRF projects during the Google Summer of Code, you can apply by:
- Sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org , with the subject line: GSoC Application, and
- Submit your application through the Google GSoC web site Your application should include the following information:
- Your name
- A phone number
- An email address where we can reach you for daily communication
Please list relevant technical courses you have taken. In particular, we are interested in your background in:
- Software engineering
- Computer graphics
- Physics simulation
Please list any experience you’ve had in software development, including relevant class projects, internships, undergraduate or graduate research, and/or contributions to open source projects. For each example, please include a brief description of the overall project along with the specific contributions you made and when you made them.
In addition to the above information, we are interested in concrete examples of your work, which may include:
- Sample code: please send an example of code you have written that you are proud of; be prepared to answer questions about it.
- Publications: if you have participated in undergraduate or graduate research, please include a copy of any relevant publications.
- Specialized skills: if you have experience/skills in particular areas that you believe would be useful to one of our projects, please let us know.
- Personal website: if you have a website that discusses your research or other projects, please include a link.
- References: names and contact information for people you have worked with who can recommend you.
Statement of intent
In a paragraph or two, describe your interests and background. Please tell us which of the project ideas you are interested in and why you’d like to work on it. If you have a proposal for a project not included on our list, please describe the idea clearly and provide a motivation for the work and a timeline for how you plan to accomplish it.
GSOC Application :
Name : Sachin Suresh Shetty Email : sachinsshetty.de at gmail.com Phone : Location : Bonn, Germany
- Robotics : Probabilistic Robotics at Uni-Bonn. M.Sc. Germany
- Software Engineering : S/W Engg fundamentals class at BVBCET, India
- Computer graphics : OpenGL basics as part of project work at BVBCET, India
- Physics simulation : No coursework taken
- Worked as a full stack developer for 4 years at Subex Ltd and EFI Ltd, Bengaluru
- Project :
- Jekyll blog updated for no tracking and no cookies, maintained since 3+ years. github.com/gaganyatri.com
- Dockerfile based container for CI/CD automation to deploy full system setup for 2 linux flavors : ubuntu and alpine-linux
- Android app for automating undergraduate lab journal in 2012, saving more than 25000 pages per year, App has run for 8 years till 2019.
- Publications :
- Special Pedestrian and Head Pose Detection for Autonomous Vehicles, https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-981-13-2553-3
- Trace Transform Based Identifier for Speech Based Image Retrieval On Mobile Phones, https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/abstract/document/6637307/
- Personal Website :
Open Roberta _ Java upgrade to 11, based on openJDK , no support available for Java 1.8 .